Bed Bug Treatment
Conroe bed bug treatment by GreenGate will have your home bed bug-free with as little stress as possible.
Your ‘bed bug exterminator near me’ search stops here, Conroe!
We understand the sense of urgency associated with eradicating bed bugs.
Call now to schedule a technician as soon as possible, or keep reading to learn more about our Conroe bed bug service.
What Causes Bed Bugs?
For most, just the two simple words “Bed Bugs” causes some major heebie-jeebies! Interesting fact: The phrase “Sleep tight; don’t let the bed bugs bite” is actually an early 17th-century reference to rope beds of the time, not bed bugs! But we know you are here for a solution to your bed bug problem, not for bed bug trivia!
Bed Bugs are aggressive insects that can easily find their way into our Conroe homes. These tiny terrorists do not have wings, so they glob onto clothes, suitcases, or other personal belongings. Typically, bed bugs find their way to your home after an overnight trip to someplace infested or from old-infested furniture that finds its way into your home.
Conroe Bed Bugs: A Quick Breakdown
- Bed Bugs are oval in shape, and they are wingless, so they are only able to crawl.
- An adult bed bug is approximately 1/8″ long.
- You can typically find Bed Bugs within 8′ of a bed.
- Bed bugs can survive temperatures between 46 and 113 degrees.
- Bed bugs feed on blood but are not known to spread disease.
- A female bed bug can lay 5-7 eggs/week, for a total of 250 eggs in a lifetime—eggs hatch after ten days.
- A bed bug is fully mature in 2-4 months, depending on the frequency of the food source.
- Bed bugs do NOT spread from person to person but can, and will, travel on clothes.
Life Cycle of a Bed Bug
Bed bugs are small in size and find refuge hiding in hard-to-reach nooks and crannies of your home – most often in your mattress and box spring. In areas of active or past infestations, there will often be fecal matter that is black or rust-colored, and appears to be speckled and/or smeared.
To complicate matters, a recently fed adult can last seven months to a year without a blood meal. To absolve yourself of a bed bug infestation, you must get rid of every single adult, nymph, and egg. That’s why calling GreenGate is your first step in eradicating your Conroe Bed Bug infestation.
What Do Bed Bug Bites Look Like?
While multiple minor bites are irritating and itchy, no pathogens can be transmitted from a bed bug to you. Bites from bed bugs appear in a linear or zig-zag pattern on the skin, and most people are made aware of the bed bugs by the uncomfortable itching sensation stemming from their nighttime bites.
Conroe bed bug infestations can be far more than a minor irritant. Although they are not terribly dangerous, trying to rid yourself of them is stressful (and itchy!), to say the least.
Conroe Bed Bug Treatment
How do you treat for bed bugs? Treatment for bed bugs is complicated – as a matter of fact, it’s practically impossible without help from a trusted bed bug service company that specializes in bed bug treatments. There are some advertised do-it-yourself methods, but these are rarely successful. These bugs will not leave without a fight, and if you find yourself going through the process more than once, it will absolutely test your sanity.
Bed bugs are, without a doubt, the most challenging pest infestations to control, and no two infestations are identical. Here at GreenGate, we utilize several safe-for-your-family methods to eradicate your home from bed bugs and keep them out.
Priority Conroe Bed Bug Treatment Service
Getting started sooner is always better than later when trying to rid yourself of bed bugs in Conroe. GreenGates licensed technicians are absolute bed bug experts and understand their habits and life cycles. When you partner with GreenGate, you get the full backing of our company and a guarantee that we will eliminate the problem the first time.
Once you’ve figured out you have bed bugs, getting them out is the only thing that matters, period; full stop, end of discussion. GreenGate understands this, which is why we have trucks and technicians ready to move fast and efficiently to get your home back to normal.
Other pests sharing your home? We offer several home pest control options for your Conroe home.
Our Bed bug Treatment Process:
If you suspect bed bugs are sharing your home, contact us to schedule an inspection! Same day appts in some instances. Call today!
We will schedule one of our licensed GreenGate technicians to meet you at your home and perform a thorough bed bug inspection.
Should our technician confirm an active bed bug infestation, you will be provided with information on treatment and an estimate on the spot.
We will schedule a licensed GreenGate technician to perform our guaranteed whole-home bed bug treatment at your convenience.
Bed Bug FAQ's
Bed bugs can come from many places, so an infestation does not indicate that you or your home is "dirty." In most instances, these pests will travel home with you after a trip somewhere or on old furniture you may have brought into your home. Attached homes such as apartments or duplexes are also often at risk for sharing pests, including bed bugs. Because they are small and difficult to detect, they will often go unnoticed until they become a problem.
People will typically discover they have bed bugs after waking to itchy bites received in the night. If you suspect you may have bed bugs, thoroughly inspect your home, starting with your mattress. You may find black/rust-colored stains on your sheets or bed frame (sorry to say, but it's bug poop), or you could also find tiny bed bug eggs or their shells.
Start by checking the seams of your mattress and the cracks of your bed frame, headboard, and baseboard. You may find staining from bed bug waste. Bed bugs hide during the day so be sure to also check baseboards and electrical sockets. They may also be hiding behind paintings and clinging to window curtains.
Bed bugs are usually brown to red in color, have oval shaped bodies, and well fed adults are about 1/8th of an inch long. Click here to see and learn more.
Bed bug bites are sometimes tricky to tell apart from other insect bites. They typically occur on the upper body, such as your arms, hands, face, or neck but can also occur on other exposed skin areas. Bites are usually red and swollen and are arranged in lines or clusters, with multiple bites grouped together. Click here to see examples.
If an active infestation is confirmed, several steps will need to be taken, including using professional-grade products to ensure their complete eradication. Give us a call to schedule your free inspection.
Local Conroe Information
- Conroe is a city in and the county seat of Montgomery County, Texas, United States, about 40 miles (64 km) north of Houston. It is a principal city in the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area.
- According to the Census Bureau, Conroe was the fastest-growing large city in the United States between July 1, 2015, and July 1, 2016.
- Lake Conroe, northwest of downtown Conroe, is the source of several water-based activities such as boating and fishing. The most common fish in the lake are Largemouth bass, bluegill, channel catfish, white bass, and hybrid striped bass. Crappie may also be found in the early spring and fall.
- The city is named after Northern-born Union Cavalry officer and Houston lumberman Isaac Conroe. Conroe founded a sawmill there in 1881. The city originally gained in wealth due to the lumber and oil industries. Originally named “Conroe’s Switch”, the area saw an influx of residents in the late 19th century due to the lumber demands on the piney wood forest of the area.
- George W. Strake discovered the Conroe Oil Field in 1931. Distillate and natural gas were produced from the Cockfield Formation at a depth of about 5,000 feet (1,500 m). A second well in 1932 produced 1200 BOPD. By 1935, the field had produced 40 million barrels of oil.
Local Deep Dive
A walk through downtown Conroe is a walk through history. The iconic features of its original brick streets blend in with new attractions of restaurants, entertainment, antique shopping and a unique arts scene, creating a community feel all its own.
- Learn about Montgomery County and its role in Texas history at the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County or the Texas Flag Park.
- Learn about Texas History at the Texas Flag Park or on the walking Art Bench tour in downtown.
- If you are wanting to enjoy the great outdoors – take a hike in the Sam Houston National Forest or WG Jones State Forest, spend a day fishing on Lake Conroe, or take advantage of one of the amazing city parks (complete with playgrounds, trails, skate park, ball fields, etc!).
- Step back into the oil and timber boom town days of Conroe’s origin in Historic Downtown Conroe.
- Enjoy Conroe’s cultural side via gallery exhibits at one of downtown’s three art galleries. Experience live theatre at the historic Crighton and Owen theatres.
- Conroe was selected to become a designated Main Street Community in January, 2022. By virtue of this designation, Conroe Main Street joins approximately 90 other downtown districts in Texas – all using Main Street’s proven approach to revitalization.
Our committed, highly-qualified team of licensed technicians provides the best lawn fertilization, pest control, and mosquito barrier services available. We have a history of satisfied customers across Katy, Sugar Land, Cypress, The Woodlands, Houston, Memorial City, Spring, Missouri City, Richmond, Tomball, and Conroe. Our quality speaks for itself through the yards and voices of our customers and our abundance of five-star reviews.
“Best pest control near me could not be easier”