Bed Bug Treatment
Richmond, TX bed bug treatment by GreenGate will have your home bed bug-free with as little stress as possible.
Your ‘bed bug exterminator near me’ search stops here, Richmond!
We understand the sense of urgency associated with eradicating bed bugs.
Call now to schedule a technician as soon as possible, or keep reading to learn more about our Richmond bed bug service.
What Causes Bed Bugs?
For most, just the two simple words “Bed Bugs” causes some major heebie-jeebies! Interesting fact: The phrase “Sleep tight; don’t let the bed bugs bite” is actually an early 17th-century reference to rope beds of the time, not bed bugs! But we know you are here for a solution to your bed bug problem, not for bed bug trivia!
Bed Bugs are aggressive insects that can easily find their way into our Richmond, TX homes. These tiny terrorists do not have wings, so they glob onto clothes, suitcases, or other personal belongings. Typically, bed bugs find their way to your home after an overnight trip to someplace infested or from old-infested furniture that finds its way into your home.
Richmond, TX Bed Bugs: A Quick Breakdown
- Bed Bugs are oval in shape, and they are wingless, so they are only able to crawl.
- An adult bed bug is approximately 1/8″ long.
- You can typically find Bed Bugs within 8′ of a bed.
- Bed bugs can survive temperatures between 46 and 113 degrees.
- Bed bugs feed on blood but are not known to spread disease.
- A female bed bug can lay 5-7 eggs/week, for a total of 250 eggs in a lifetime—eggs hatch after ten days.
- A bed bug is fully mature in 2-4 months, depending on the frequency of the food source.
- Bed bugs do NOT spread from person to person but can, and will, travel on clothes.
Life Cycle of a Bed Bug
Bed bugs are small in size and find refuge hiding in hard-to-reach nooks and crannies of your home – most often in your mattress and box spring. In areas of active or past infestations, there will often be fecal matter that is black or rust-colored, and appears to be speckled and/or smeared.
To complicate matters, a recently fed adult can last seven months to a year without a blood meal. To absolve yourself of a bed bug infestation, you must get rid of every single adult, nymph, and egg. That’s why calling GreenGate is your first step in eradicating your Richmond Bed Bug infestation.
What Do Bed Bug Bites Look Like?
While multiple minor bites are irritating and itchy, no pathogens can be transmitted from a bed bug to you. Bites from bed bugs appear in a linear or zig-zag pattern on the skin, and most people are made aware of the bed bugs by the uncomfortable itching sensation stemming from their nighttime bites.
Richmond bed bug infestations can be far more than a minor irritant. Although they are not terribly dangerous, trying to rid yourself of them is stressful (and itchy!), to say the least.
Richmond, TX Bed Bug Treatment
How do you treat for bed bugs? Treatment for bed bugs is complicated – as a matter of fact, it’s practically impossible without help from a trusted bed bug service company that specializes in bed bug treatments. There are some advertised do-it-yourself methods, but these are rarely successful. These bugs will not leave without a fight, and if you find yourself going through the process more than once, it will absolutely test your sanity.
Bed bugs are, without a doubt, the most challenging pest infestations to control, and no two infestations are identical. Here at GreenGate, we utilize several safe-for-your-family methods to eradicate your home from bed bugs and keep them out.
Priority Richmond, TX Bed Bug Treatment Service
Getting started sooner is always better than later when trying to rid yourself of bed bugs in Richmond. GreenGates licensed technicians are absolute bed bug experts and understand their habits and life cycles. When you partner with GreenGate, you get the full backing of our company and a guarantee that we will eliminate the problem the first time.
Once you’ve figured out you have bed bugs, getting them out is the only thing that matters, period; full stop, end of discussion. GreenGate understands this, which is why we have trucks and technicians ready to move fast and efficiently to get your home back to normal.
Other pests sharing your home? We offer several home pest control options for your Richmond home.
Our Bed bug Treatment Process:
If you suspect bed bugs are sharing your home, contact us to schedule an inspection! Same day appts in some instances. Call today!
We will schedule one of our licensed GreenGate technicians to meet you at your home and perform a thorough bed bug inspection.
Should our technician confirm an active bed bug infestation, you will be provided with information on treatment and an estimate on the spot.
We will schedule a licensed GreenGate technician to perform our guaranteed whole-home bed bug treatment at your convenience.
Bed Bug FAQ's
Bed bugs can come from many places, so an infestation does not indicate that you or your home is "dirty." In most instances, these pests will travel home with you after a trip somewhere or on old furniture you may have brought into your home. Attached homes such as apartments or duplexes are also often at risk for sharing pests, including bed bugs. Because they are small and difficult to detect, they will often go unnoticed until they become a problem.
People will typically discover they have bed bugs after waking to itchy bites received in the night. If you suspect you may have bed bugs, thoroughly inspect your home, starting with your mattress. You may find black/rust-colored stains on your sheets or bed frame (sorry to say, but it's bug poop), or you could also find tiny bed bug eggs or their shells.
Start by checking the seams of your mattress and the cracks of your bed frame, headboard, and baseboard. You may find staining from bed bug waste. Bed bugs hide during the day so be sure to also check baseboards and electrical sockets. They may also be hiding behind paintings and clinging to window curtains.
Bed bugs are usually brown to red in color, have oval shaped bodies, and well fed adults are about 1/8th of an inch long. Click here to see and learn more.
Bed bug bites are sometimes tricky to tell apart from other insect bites. They typically occur on the upper body, such as your arms, hands, face, or neck but can also occur on other exposed skin areas. Bites are usually red and swollen and are arranged in lines or clusters, with multiple bites grouped together. Click here to see examples.
If an active infestation is confirmed, several steps will need to be taken, including using professional-grade products to ensure their complete eradication. Give us a call to schedule your free inspection.
Local Richmond Information
- Richmond is a city in and the county seat of Fort Bend County, Texas, United States. The city is located within the Greater Houston metropolitan area.
- Named after Richmond, England, the town was among the 19 cities first incorporated by the short-lived Republic of Texas in 1837.
- Early residents of the city include many prominent figures in Texas lore, such as Jane Long, Deaf Smith, and Mirabeau Lamar, who are all buried in Richmond.
- According to the United States Census Bureau, the city of Richmond has a total area of 4.3 square miles (11.1 km2), of which 3.9 square miles (10.2 km2) are land and 0.35 square miles (0.9 km2), or 8.22%, is covered by water.
Local Deep Dive
- As of the 2020 United States census, there were 11,627 people, 4,231 households, and 2,668 families residing in Richmond.
- As of the census of 2000, there were 11,081 people, 3,413 households, and 2,628 families residing in Richmond. The population density was 2,975.4 people per square mile (1,150.1/km2). There were 3,595 housing units at an average density of 965.3 per square mile (373.1/km2).
- Hilmar G. Moore served as mayor of Richmond from 1949 until his death on December 4, 2012 and was believed to be the longest-serving mayor in the United States. Rebecca “Becky” Haas is currently the mayor.
- With seven city parks, Richmond has many options for enjoying the outdoors. Features include basketball courts, soccer fields, hiking trails, and more.
- When Richmond was incorporated in May of 1837, the citizens did not have an organized fire service. It was not until July 26, 1897 that the first organized fire protection was provided by a group of individuals, led by Foreman J.K. Carr, and referred to them as the Pioneer Hose Company No.1.
- On the first Friday of every month, Richmond hosts the Richmond Farmers Market offering fresh produce from local growers and artisan goods as well as some prepared foods
Our committed, highly-qualified team of licensed technicians provides the best lawn fertilization, pest control, and mosquito barrier services available. We have a history of satisfied customers across Katy, Sugar Land, Cypress, The Woodlands, Houston, Memorial City, Spring, Missouri City, Richmond, Tomball, and Conroe. Our quality speaks for itself through the yards and voices of our customers and our abundance of five-star reviews.
“Best pest control near me could not be easier”