West University Place & Southside Place, TX
GreenGates West University Place and Southside Place Landscaping services could not be any easier. Day in and day out, our customers have come to rely on our dependable landscape crews to provide beautiful, manicured landscapes in West University Place and Southside Place, TX. When you search for “landscapers near me,” you can be sure that you’ll find our team of experts ready to serve you. We take pride in our work, and our customer service is second to none. So if you’re looking for a reliable and experienced landscaper, you can count on us!
West University Place and Southside Place, TX
Flowerbeds, Trees, Planting, and more
GreenGate wants your lawn to be a special haven. Designing great landscaping requires effort and planning, something we are happy to help with! Our specialists are knowledgeable in horticulture and design, helping you create a unique outdoor area that reflects your tastes and makes your lawn feel like a part of your home.
Looking to create a new flower bed? Perhaps you’d like to update an existing bed or plant a new tree. GreenGate will help you turn your lawn into your own personal oasis!
Rocks, Pebbles, and Paver Installation
Our rock, pebble, and paver installation will bring your lawn to life. These materials are durable and long-lasting, so you can enjoy their beauty for years to come.
We offer a range of rock choices to match the style of your home. Whether you’d like to create a walkway through your lawn with flagstone or prevent erosion with river rocks, GreenGate will rock your socks off with our knowledge and expertise!
Growing a luscious lawn takes time and effort, but with GreenGate’s sod installation West University Place and Southside Place, you can get a beautiful lawn fast! Our experienced sod installers will ensure that your lawn is healthy and gorgeous. Our sod is sourced from the best farms around, meaning your new sod will be weed- and bug-free at installation. We offer many different grass species, including St. Augustine, Bermuda, and Zoysia.
Once your new sod is installed, let GreenGate continue to love on your lawn! Click here to learn more about our award winning lawn fertilization services in West University Place and Southside Place.
Artificial Turf and Putting Greens
In West University Place and Southside Place, summer temperatures often soar above 100°F. Keeping real grass alive can be a struggle. With the right artificial turf installation, you don’t have to.
Synthetic grass from GreenGate can look real but requires a fraction of the maintenance of real grass. Because it doesn’t have to be mowed, you can enjoy your front and back yards without dealing with unnecessary care. Whether you’re a busy professional, caring for young children, or embracing your retirement, your life doesn’t have to involve taking care of the grass.
Hourly Landscaping Services
Lawn & Landscape Grooming
We have the perfect landscape solution if your yard could use a general clean-up! Our Lawn & Landscape Grooming takes care of EVERYTHING! It’s charged by the hour for the exact amount you need, making it perfect for seasonal changes.
Need a heavy pot moved from one spot to another? Did you purchase some plants and need help planting them? Take a break while we take care of it! Our expert landscape design teams provide weeding, plant removal, pruning, mulch rotation, and more.
Our Lawn and Landscape Grooming is very popular with customers. We strongly recommend this program for large established landscapes, such as those found in West University Place and Southside Place area. To maintain a beautiful lawn and healthy plants, we suggest monthly maintenance. We also offer scheduling on a quarterly or as-needed basis.
Shrub & Tree Trimming
GreenGate’s landscape crews are essential to being the premier landscape company in West University Place and Southside Place. Different crews perform trimming services than those who perform lawn maintenance; they are more experienced and expertly trained on how, when, and how much to trim commonly found plants in the Houston area.
Our trimming services include shrubs, plants, flowers, and ornamental trees up to 12 feet tall (one story). We recommend monthly trimming during the growing season and bi-monthly trimming in the winter. Note that irregular trimming will result in less fullness after cutting, as excessive foliage will be removed.
Local West University Place info
- West University Place, often called West University or West U for short, is a city located in the U.S. state of Texas within the Houston–Sugar Land metropolitan area and southwestern Harris County. At the 2020 U.S. census, the population of the city was 14,955. It is nicknamed “The Neighborhood City” and is mainly a bedroom community for upper-class families.
- The city was developed in 1917 by Ben Hooper, a former Tennessee governor. The name “West University Place” originated from its proximity to Rice Institute, now known as Rice University. The first lots in the community were sold in 1917. Portions of West University were previously within the Harris County Poor farm, which extended from an area between Bellaire Boulevard and Bissonnet Street eastward to an area near the “poor farm ditch.”
- Nicknamed the “Bayou City,” “Space City,” “H-Town,” and “the 713”, Houston has become a global city with strengths in culture, medicine, and research.
- Leading in healthcare sectors and building oilfield equipment, Houston has the second-most Fortune 500 headquarters of any U.S. municipality within its city limits (after New York City).
Local Deep Dive
According to Neighborhoods.com, West University Place, or West U for short, is a residential area located close to Rice University. Often considered its own city within a city, this area has won several awards for being one of the top neighborhoods in the country. With a mixture of modern and traditional homes, this stunning corner of Houston is in high demand. A short walk down the idyllic streets and you’ll see why Houstonians love calling this neighborhood home.
- Houston has about 10,000 restaurants that can appeal to a variety of taste buds. The culinary scene is just as diverse as its residents.Some of the dining options include seafood, Italian, American, Tex-Mex, and steakhouses.
- Houston Premium Outlets provides awesome shopping experiences with 145 designer and name-brand stores at low outlet prices.
- Places like Space Center Houston, Houston Arboretum and Nature Center, Downtown Aquarium, and the Houston Zoo are great things to do and see for the whole family.
- Thanks to the Houston Museum District, the city has become an international cultural hotspot. Visitors can check out the Houston Museum of African American Culture, Czech Cultural Center, Asia Society Texas Center, and Gente de Teatro.
- Outdoor recreation is readily available in Houston, such as Buffalo Bayou, a 52-mile waterway perfect for observing the native landscape, canoeing, and kayaking.
- Houston Public Libraries boast quite a few family-friendly activities. Find your closest location here.