The thought of Switching lawn care companies may bring you feelings of dread, but if you aren’t happy with your service, it might be the perfect time to set your lawn up with something better. Wait, you say? You’re under a contract with another company, you say? That’s ok! They can’t force you to stick with them, even if they make it appear otherwise. Your current company might be doing a less than stellar job, making your lawn worse, or not answering your calls when you reach out to talk about it, and that is entirely unacceptable. Suppose this sounds all too familiar, and you are experiencing this with your current lawn care company. In that case, switching is undoubtedly worth the trouble because there is no reason to continue paying for a service that is not performing as intended.
Making this change may take time and effort, and researching companies can eat up an afternoon. Use the guide below to help in your search finding a lawn care company that can meet and exceed your expectations.
Finding the Best Lawn Fertilization Service Company
Homeowners have a lot to think about. Between the house itself and everyone living inside, you have a lot to balance. That said, it’s understandable that you don’t have much extra time to research lawn care companies. This is especially true if you are currently signed up for a lawn care program you are unhappy with but assume all other companies operate similarly. What is the point of switching to someone else only to have the same complaints? We want to assure you that not all lawn care companies are created equal, and it’s worth the time and effort to find a company willing to offer you better service!
There are a lot of lawn care companies offering a plethora of services in the Houston area.
If you expect to find a company that will give you a great return on your investment, you should not just choose one at random or based solely on cost. Doing this can lead to a repeat of all the reasons you were switching lawn care companies in the first place.
Does the Company have…
- Weed control that doesn’t charge extra for different types of weeds
- Quality products because your lawn deserves the best
- Customized fertilizers that will naturally build the health of your soil
- Personalized communication from your technician, so you are always informed about the state of your lawn.
- Company-wide communication so that you do not have to wait for responses to your questions.
- Technicians that respect your space and leave your property neat and clean and perform the service quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledgeable staff members who can answer questions and address concerns when needed.
Be Sure to Avoid…
- Bargain discount programs with false promises because a lower price tag does not always mean a better value.
- A company that doesn’t strike you as professional. Pay attention to phone etiquette when you call and presentation of technicians when they come to service. A clean, well-designed website and web presence help as well.
- A company that doesn’t know their stuff. Even if you personally don’t know everything about lawn care, you will still be able to tell if you’re dealing with a company that DOES know everything.
Once you have done all your research, you’ll want to call the lawn care companies you are considering. Talking to a salesperson should give you a good sense of what the company is all about. Are they knowledgeable? Are they pushy? Just asking basic questions about their services will give you a feel for their culture.
Sometimes calling around can feel intimidating, so it is avoided. To make the dreaded process easier for you, we’ve listed some important talking points to help you make smart decisions for your lawn. Going through these questions with any lawn care company you’re considering should provide you with the answers you need.
Questions to consider when selecting a new lawn care service:
- Do you offer any guarantees?
- What types of payment options do you offer?
- Do you have a treatment plan for hard-to-control weeds?
- What is in the fertilizers you use, and how will they impact the health of my lawn?
- Which modes of communication does your service utilize?
- How does your company continue to educate its employees after standard training?
- How specifically will you address the challenges I’ve faced with my lawn?
- What are the specifics of the individual treatments included in each visit?
- Where can I view the lawns you are currently servicing?
Even if you don’t understand what these questions or their answers will mean, asking specific questions should make it easy to tell if the salesperson is knowledgeable and sounds confident in their words. It should be evident to you from the get-go whether or not they are just trying to sell you or if they are genuinely trying to help you make an educated decision. If it feels like they are only telling you what you want to hear, you will do yourself a favor by continuing your search.
When you’re confident you have found the best lawn care company in The Woodlands, Spring, Cypress, and Katy area, move on to step two- Cancelling your current service.
Canceling Your Current Lawn Care Service
Immediately after deciding on a new lawn care company, contact your existing company to deliver the bad news. If you have pre-paid for your program, the company is required to refund those funds; the only exception being you signed something previously that said as much.
When you call to cancel, it is important to remember why you are canceling. Do not get sucked into any appealing offers they try and throw your way. Be cautious of any lawn care company that suddenly has the ability to lower the price in order to keep your business. Trust your initial instincts! You were canceling for a reason. The service will unlikely improve if you remain a client, lower cost or not. Here, you have to ask yourself: Why??? If they could offer their program at that price all along, why didn’t they?!
Keep in mind that some companies might ‘lose’ your cancellation request. ‘Lose’ means ignore in this instance. Ask for a confirmation number! Or better yet, send an email to have a paper trail. Ask them to respond and confirm the cancellation with a confirmation number. Keep a copy of that email so that you have written proof.
At first glance, the lawn care companies in the Houston area might seem a lot alike. You’ll find that once you start to do your own investigating and compare lawn care providers in the Houston area next to each other, we think you will see the GreenGate Turf & Pest difference. We follow a thorough, specific process that delivers the superior results you’ve been looking for. We use high-quality products in our 8-Step Fertilization and Weed Control Program, which uses organic and bio-nutritional fertilizers to better promote soil health, allowing your lawn to function at its very best.
We know you need a lawn care company that is going to value you as a customer, have open and honest conversations, and treat your property as their own. We have a ‘Great Communication” guarantee that we stand by so you will always be aware of when we are coming, what we will be doing while there, and some after-treatment tips. We are locally born, owned, and operated and guarantee you will be happy with our service.